Colorbox counting my first image 7 times

dpiearcy

I use colorbox a LOT and have never had this problem.  For some reason, regardless of the gallery I open, even if it only has one image, it counts that first image 7 times.  So if I actually do have 7 images, it says I have 14 and will show that first image 7 times.  

Thought I may have a bad copy.  So grabbed a copy from another working site I developed and used it.  Same problem.  Thought perhaps it was my version of jquery I was calling via google.  So grabbed a local copy of jquery that was on the other site with colorbox working correctly.   Same problem.  Didn't see how it would make a difference but even grabbed that local copy of the CSS for colorbox and used it.  Same problem.  

Since this is an HTML 5 document (since I'm using some CSS 3 effects to animate some clouds moving in the background) I even changed my doc type declaration so it was no longer HTML 5.  Same problem.  

Changed my actual script to the exact same script I am using on the working page which really the only difference there was I wasn't declaring pic size.  No effect there either. 

I'm at wits end.  Took the rel off that first image and am just using the <a class> to link the images.  No effect.  That first image still gets counted 7 times.  I renamed all the images for a gallery and put them in a different folder.  Same thing.  

I have no idea what else to do or what to try.  Never had this problem with colorbox before can can't imagine what could be going on.  Of course I googled and it doesn't seem that anyone else has had this problem that I could find.  Read the FAQ on his page and nothing to learn there.  Am loading color box.css first, then jquery, then colorobox.js last.  Changed my doc type already.  

I'm at wits end here.  Anyone else experienced this before or would know what could be causing this problem?  

I'd owe you huge if you know the answer and could steer me in the right direction.  At this point I'm just going to walk away from it and work on another project until I hear from someone on here because I've already tried everything I could think to try.  Weirdest thing.  

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.