Property Panic (2) - Whats wrong ? / Help

learning-php

Can somebody could help me please , I am php beginner student.

Property Panic (2)

Good job, now we have some properties.
But right now $teacher and $student are the same, which should be changed immediately, correct? :-)

The solution: we have to create a constructor to create different objects. This constructor is also a method, but you don't need to worry about this fact just yet.

The syntax:

public function __construct($prop1, $prop2) {
$this->prop1 = $prop1;
$this->prop2 = $prop2;
}

So you should remember the public keyword and the arrow notation.

Some new things:

You're creating a function bound to a class (a method).The constructor method has to be called __construct().Finally, the weird way to assign the values: $this->prop1 = $prop1 means that the value you pass in the __construct() function via the new keyword is assigned to $this, which represents the object you are dealing with, and ->prop1 is the actual property of the object.

By creating a new instance using the new keyword, you actually call this __construct() method, which constructs the object. And that's why we have to pass in some arguments when we create an instance of a class, since this is how the properties get set!
Instructions

The public properties $firstname, $lastname and $age should get a value via a constructor.Change the code, so $teacher's:$firstname is "boring",$lastname is "12345",$age is 12345Add your $firstname, $lastname and $age to $student.echo the $age of $student.     <?php     class Person {        public $isAlive = true;        public $firstname;        public $lastname;        public $age;    function __construct($firstname,$lastname,$age)        {        $this->firstname = $firstname;        $this->lastname = $lastname;        $this->age =$age;        }    }   $object1 = new person("Tired","54321",54321);   $object2 = new person("Your","name",99);    echo '$isAlive->isalive',    echo '$firstname->age',    ?>

I get this message

Oops, try again! Is there still a '$teacher' variable?

$teacher is referring to (my best guess) $object1.

And you need to start your echo with the object your calling - ie: $object2->age, not $firstname->age

$teacher = new person('Boring','12345','12345');
$student = new person('Me','Myself',99);

echo $student->age;

Edited by TOA

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.