Ordering results via. price (advanced)

Anidazen

Hello.

I really hope somebody can help me. I've got a complicated results ordering question.

Basically, I've got some prices in an array called $pricearray, and it looks something like this.

$pricearray[$i] = array("site logo", "site name", "site url", "site url 2", $sub-price-array);

So it's some information about the seller, and $pricearray[4] contains an array of prices for different objects.

Now [b]before[/b] the fourth field was turned into an array, I was able to re-order $pricearray via the price contained in value 4 of the array. Someone on this forum was kind enough to supply me with the following code for doing this, months ago.

[code]$tmp = array();
foreach($pricearray as $k => $v) {
$tmp[$k] = $v[8];
}
asort($tmp);
$new = array();
foreach($tmp as $k => $v) {
$new[] = $pricearray[$k];
}[/code]

$new would basically be $pricearray but re-ordered based on the value of field number 4 in the array.

The problem is I've never understood what's going on in this code, so I'm helpless to adapt it! I need it sorted by the value in $pricearray[4][$i] basically, where $i is the object number.

I hope this makes sense.

Edit: I believe the 8 in the quoted code should be a 4. This is because $pricearray now has fewer values than when I copied/pasted that bit of code. However, I've tried changing the "$tmp[$k] = $v[8];" into "$tmp[$k] = $v[8][$i];" and it doesn't achieve the desired result.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.