Could use some help

Raven25

Image :  http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r697/ricky_rosa1/Game_zps9a5a45f6.png

The code below trying to make

echo "<td><a href=$PHP_SELF?action=buy&amount=1&gem=$i&price=$buyprice>Buy 1</a></td>";
 echo "<td><a href=$PHP_SELF?action=sell&amount=1&gem=$i&price=$buyprice>Sell 1</a></td>";

which you can see from the image into a Input where users can input whatever amount they want to buy or sell. With it those two line codes connect to the 5 items as its set up that way  so the input box cant effect that the code for the complete transaction has to connect to them  so if a user puts in 2 for each box the complete transaction button will know they bought a total of 10 items and it needs to know if its a buy or a sell  that the user is asking as well as  in case  a user puts 1  for one item in buy and a 5 in sell for a item itll know that transaction.  But i dont know how to do that lol  I hope someone can help

* it cant effect the layout meaning ruining it.....so the box  for input has to replace Buy 1/Sell 1*

$gemname=$stockdata[gemname][$i];
         $saleprice=ceil($stockdata[baseprice][$i]*(1+$spread));
         $buyprice=ceil($stockdata[baseprice][$i]*(1-$spread));
         $amount=$stockdata[amount][$i];
         echo "<tr><td align=center>$gemname</td><td align=center>$saleprice</td><td align=center>$buyprice</td>";
         if ($playerinfo[status]==5) echo "<td align=center>$amount</td>";
         echo "<td><a href=$PHP_SELF?action=buy&amount=1&gem=$i&price=$buyprice>Buy 1</a></td>";
         echo "<td><a href=$PHP_SELF?action=sell&amount=1&gem=$i&price=$buyprice>Sell 1</a></td>";
         echo "<td>$amount</a></td>";
         echo "</tr>";
      }
      echo "</table>";
   echo('  <p><center><input name="Submit" type="button" value="Complete Transaction" class="button" /></center></p>');

So you want to allow the player/user to input the quantities they want to buy or sell for each item?

You can change the links to input fields using the following

echo "<td><input type=tet name=\"gem[$i][buy]\" value=\"\" maxlength=\"3\" size=\"3\" /></td>";
echo "<input type=tet name=\"gem[$i][sell]\" value=\"\" maxlength=\"3\" size=\"3\" /></td>";

Now in the code that processes the form you'll do something like

if(isset($_POST['Submit'])) {
	if(is_array($_POST['gems'])) {
		foreach($_POST['gems'] as $gem_id => $amount)
		{
			$buy_qty  = $amount['buy'];    // the quantity to buy
			$sell_qty = $amount['sell'];   // the quantity to sell

// your code to process gem order here
		}
	}
}
Edited by Ch0cu3r

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.