Excel & PHP

pitbull305

Hello i have a general question not sure if this is the correct place to post it or not and dont know how to code that great yet i know the basic but im learning.

My question is the following... . I want to write a code doesnt matter if its in PHP, Java it can be in any language but what i want it to do is access a Excel spreedshet that i will have hosted in my site and for people to be able to open it online and be able to edit. After they're done putting the data into it I want to be able to email to a certain email with a button which i know using VB you can do it but i was wondering if there is any other way to do it or whats the best option to go about doing this and if its even possible.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pitbull305

There is a pear package for reading/writing excel files in php:

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.fileformats.spreadsheet-excel-writer.intro.php

However, it doesn't have ability to do everything you can do by actually using excel. More advanced things will get lost in translation. But it will work fine for basic stuff. You're going to find similar no matter what language you look at; excel is proprietary software.

There is a pear package for reading/writing excel files in php:

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.fileformats.spreadsheet-excel-writer.intro.php

However, it doesn't have ability to do everything you can do by actually using excel. More advanced things will get lost in translation. But it will work fine for basic stuff. You're going to find similar no matter what language you look at; excel is proprietary software.

Thanks ill look into it. What i basicly want is like check boxes that they can check off showing thats what they did that day and for it to export into a excel spreedsheet but ill read what you sent me thanks again

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.