error with sessions

udaystrad

warning session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stradsol/public_html/servers.php:1) in /home/stradsol/public_html/servers.php on line 2

warning session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stradsol/public_html/servers.php:1) in /home/stradsol/public_html/servers.php on line 2

My code

<?php 
session_start();

if((isset($_SESSION['uname']) && isset($_SESSION['pwd']))  || ($_REQUEST['uname']=='ABC' && $_REQUEST['pwd']=='XYZ')) {
$_SESSION['uname'] = 'ABC';
 $_SESSION['pwd'] = 'XYZ';

header("Location: SOME-FILE.php");
}

elseif(isset($_POST['Submit'])){
$uname=trim($_POST["uname"]);
$pwd=trim($_POST["pwd"]);

if($uname=="" ) {
$error= "Error : You did not enter Username.";
$code= "1" ;
}

else{
$error= 'Error : Invalid Entry.';
$code= "4";
}
}
else
{
}
?>

even though i m a beginner i think to my knowledege i havent done ny script so that somethin gets printed before it. pls help. this is a login page which validates input on the same page itself n when sucesful attempt redirects it. sesion start on this page has been introduced so that an already loged in person does get login page again.

no this script is not being included by any other script

no exdbug installed....

k i did look at it now.... when i right click and go ahead with view page source-> thers nothin before the printed error

but when in chrome i click inspect element -> there i can see  zopim codes (one js in head tag and then three div of same in body tag folowed by it)

these ar above the printed error

Edited by udaystrad

So your script does include something before getting to the script you posted.

Do you know if your server is setup to se "auto_prepend" or something like that?

You may be able to find out more about what's going on if you use debug_print_backtrace() (http://php.net/manual/en/function.debug-print-backtrace.php)

at the top of server.php. That will print out the lines of code that were executed before the debug_print_backtrace() was called.

the "inspect element" in the browser is showing the DOM of the page that the browser produced. since the output isn't a complete web page, the browser used a default. that output isn't actually being sent from the server.

your file is most likely saved as a utf-8 encoded file with the byte order mark characters (BOM). you need to save your file without the BOM characters.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.