php exec() doesn't write to disc after apache restart

faraway

what's wrong in apache or php config?  

1. 1. what's wrong in apache or php config?

• apache issue
    • php issue

I have a really tricky problem and do not have any idea in what forum or group I should post that.
So, please be patient

The problem:
I try to make custom front-end by using some stuff of subversion.
I call from a PHP script per exec() the command svncreate or some svn commands that try to write some on my file-sys.

It works perfect.
.... Until I restart the apache

after restarting apache svn doesn't write anymore to my HD. Neither Apache nor php gives me an error or any msg. I have tried anything I knew to get some more verbose, but without result.

Funny is, after restarting the entire system it works again, and restarting only the apache it doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas ?

The installed stuff :
SUSE 10.1 on diff Arch's
Apache/2.2.0 (Linux/SUSE)
PHP 5.1.2 (cli) (built: May 2 2006 09:30:07)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

as it say's above that are Suse built's standard install per yast2
also is there subversion 1.3 per yast installed.

I bet when apache starts during system boot it is started by/owned by a user with privileges. Where as when you re-start the service it probably does not retain the privileges it received at system boot.

Which is a problem in two different ways.

Either the intention is to have the Apache service owned/ran by a user with those type of privileges and you have the problem you are having.
Or it is not your intention, and the Apache service has rights to stuff it shouldn't (security issue).

Restart the machine, find out what user rights the apache service is running under, then restart the apache service and check again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.