Php4 to Php5 errors

NancyBrown
Go to solution Solved by Ch0cu3r,

I am moving my website written in php 4 to a server that has php5. Here are the 3 warnings I have received. How do I fix this?

Warning: mysql select db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/xxxxx /index.php on line 37

Line 37 is:

mysql_select_db($conn, "yourmil_content");

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/home/xxxxxx/index.php on line 247

Line 247 is:

$result = mysql_query($sql, $conn);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in/home/xxxxx/index.php on line 248

Line 248 is:

$data = mysql_fetch_array($result);

WOW, how did that work in PHP4 !!

Line 37 is:
mysql_select_db($conn, "yourmil_content");

The first parameter you set is the connection resource, but thats wrong, it should be (see the documentation for mysql_select_db()):

Line 37 is:
mysql_select_db("yourmil_content", $conn);

And this error :

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in/home/xxxxx/index.php on line 248

Line 248 is:
 $data = mysql_fetch_array($result);

is actually a result of this error :

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/home/xxxxxx/index.php on line 247

Line 247 is:
$result = mysql_query($sql, $conn);

I would suggest to you to review your connection parameters again.

Edited by JIXO

I have no knowledge of PHP other than I know how to change the password to the database and database name in the index.php file. With that said, can you give me easy instructions on how to fix this? Thanks to the 2 replies I have received but I don't know how to do what they are suggesting. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.