ffprobe, showing specific entries

RuleBritannia

Hello

It seems google has failed me with this one.

I need to show specific entries in the output, which I am able to do with -show_entries command.

my query "-show_entries stream=index"

This is fine, and it will return 4 of the indexs inside the streams wrapper.

The problem is, I actually need width,height, Which I can do like "-show_entries stream=width,height"

Inside each of these 4 streams wrappers, only 1(set as index 1) contains width and height, But in the result output, it will actually return all 4 wrappers, 3 with blank info, and 1 with the width and height settings.

Does anybody know a way to specifically just target index 1, I have tried numerous different commands now, And cant see to get it, the documentation shows the following.

‘-show_entries section_entries’

Set list of entries to show.

Entries are specified according to the following syntax. section_entries contains a list of section entries separated by :. Each section entry is composed by a section name (or unique name), optionally followed by a list of entries local to that section, separated by ,.

If section name is specified but is followed by no =, all entries are printed to output, together with all the contained sections. Otherwise only the entries specified in the local section entries list are printed. In particular, if = is specified but the list of local entries is empty, then no entries will be shown for that section.

Note that the order of specification of the local section entries is not honored in the output, and the usual display order will be retained.

The formal syntax is given by:

LOCAL_SECTION_ENTRIES ::= SECTION_ENTRY_NAME[,LOCAL_SECTION_ENTRIES]
    SECTION_ENTRY         ::= SECTION_NAME[=[LOCAL_SECTION_ENTRIES]]
    SECTION_ENTRIES       ::= SECTION_ENTRY[:SECTION_ENTRIES]

http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffprobe.html#Main-options

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.