JSON_ENCODE issues

Colton.Wagner
Go to solution Solved by Colton.Wagner,

Hello All,

I am working on a project that pulls data from a mysql database and formatts it into json. It is encoded into json so that Google Charts API can plot the points for me. I had the code working previously but since I have updated the database I am having issues. I will list both sources of code below.

First this is the code that is working properly:

<?php
// Include functions file for ease of access
	require_once("./includes/functions.php");

// Connect to Mysql Database
	$mysql = new mysql;
	$mysql->connect();
	$mysql->database("Advance_Tek");

// Define Universal ID to query results.
	$uid = $_GET['uid'];
	$Sensor = $_GET['sensor'];

$find = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Device WHERE id='$uid'");

if($result = mysql_fetch_array($find)){
      		$data[0] = array("Time", $result[$Sensor]);
      		$devicename = $result['Device_Name'];	
      	}

switch ($_GET['action']) {

case date_range:
    		$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Live_Data WHERE uid='$uid' AND Post_Date BETWEEN '$_GET[from]' AND '$_GET[to]' ORDER BY id DESC) tmp ORDER BY tmp.id ASC");

if(!$query){
        		echo mysql_error();
        	}

$num = mysql_num_rows($query);

for ($i=1; $i<($num+1); $i++){
        		$data[$i] = array(mysql_result($query, $i-1, "Post_Time"), mysql_result($query, $i-1, $Sensor));
        	}

echo json_encode($data, JSON_NUMERIC_CHECK);

break;

case time_range:

//echo date_default_timezone_get();
    		date_default_timezone_set("US/Central");
    		$CurrentTime = date("H:i:s");
    		$CurrentDate = date("Y-m-d");

list($CurrentHour, $CurrentMinutes, $CurrentSeconds) = explode(':', $CurrentTime);

list($FromHour, $FromMinutes, $FromSeconds) = explode(':', $_GET['from']);

$StartTime = ($CurrentHour - $FromHour) . ":" . ($CurrentMinutes - $FromMinutes) . ":" . ($CurrentSeconds - $FromSeconds);

//echo $StartTime . " To: " . $CurrentTime;

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Live_Data WHERE uid='$uid' AND Post_Date='$CurrentDate' AND Post_Time BETWEEN '$StartTime' AND '$CurrentTime' ORDER BY id DESC) tmp ORDER BY tmp.id ASC");

if(!$query){
        		echo mysql_error();
        	}

$data[$i] = array(mysql_result($query, $i-1, "Post_Time"), mysql_result($query, $i-1, $Sensor));
        	}

break;

default:
    		$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Live_Data WHERE uid='$uid' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 20) tmp ORDER BY tmp.id ASC");

if(!$query){
        		$content.= mysql_error();
        	}

}

}   

?>

Using the get method: json_live_data.php?uid=1&sensor=A00 it returns the following output.

[["Time","Flow & GPM"],["17:16:39",5.15],["17:21:39",5.08],["17:26:39",5.44],["17:31:39",4.87],["17:36:40",5.44],["17:41:40",6.15],["17:42:30",6.15],["17:46:42",5.78],["17:47:07",6.15],["12:09:50",4.36],["12:10:02",10.19],["12:10:13",10.19],["12:10:25",10.17],["12:10:37",10.1],["12:10:49",10.1],["12:11:01",10.06],["12:11:12",10.07],["12:11:24",10.06],["12:11:37",10.05],["12:11:49",10.15]]

This is the code that was working for me prior to updating. Below is the code that is currently giving me grief.

<?php
// Include functions file for ease of access
	require_once("./includes/functions.php");

// Connect to Mysql Database
	$mysql = new mysql;
	$mysql->connect();
	$mysql->database("Advance-Tek");

// Define Universal ID to query results.
	$uid = $_GET['uid'];
	$Sensor = $_GET['sensor'];

$find = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Device WHERE id='$uid'");

if($result = mysql_fetch_array($find)){
      		$devicename = $result['Device_Name'];	
      	}

$Sensor_Number = ltrim($Sensor,'CH_');  	

$ChannelConfig = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Channel_Configuration WHERE id='" . $uid . "' AND Number='" . $Sensor_Number . "'");

if($configuration = mysql_fetch_array($ChannelConfig)){
      		$data[0] = array("Time", $configuration['Name']);	
      	}

switch ($_GET['action']) {

case date_range:
    		$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Live_Data WHERE Device_ID='$uid' AND Date BETWEEN '$_GET[from]' AND '$_GET[to]' ORDER BY id DESC) tmp ORDER BY tmp.id ASC");

if(!$query){
        		echo mysql_error();
        	}

$data[$i] = array(mysql_result($query, $i-1, "Time"), mysql_result($query, $i-1, $Sensor));
        	}

break;

case time_range:

//echo date_default_timezone_get();
    		date_default_timezone_set("US/Central");
    		$CurrentTime = date("H:i:s");
    		$CurrentDate = date("Y-m-d");

list($CurrentHour, $CurrentMinutes, $CurrentSeconds) = explode(':', $CurrentTime);

list($FromHour, $FromMinutes, $FromSeconds) = explode(':', $_GET['from']);

$StartTime = ($CurrentHour - $FromHour) . ":" . ($CurrentMinutes - $FromMinutes) . ":" . ($CurrentSeconds - $FromSeconds);

//echo $StartTime . " To: " . $CurrentTime;

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Live_Data WHERE Device_ID='$uid' AND Date='$CurrentDate' AND Time BETWEEN '$StartTime' AND '$CurrentTime' ORDER BY id DESC) tmp ORDER BY tmp.id ASC");

if(!$query){
        		echo mysql_error();
        	}

$data[$i] = array(mysql_result($query, $i-1, "Time"), mysql_result($query, $i-1, $Sensor));
        	}

break;

default:
    		$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Live_Data WHERE Device_ID='$uid' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 20) tmp ORDER BY tmp.id ASC");

if(!$query){
        		$content.= mysql_error();
        	}

}

} 

?>

Using the GET method: json_live_data.php?uid=1&sensor=CH_1 it returns the following:

{"1":["15:05:54","343.324"],"2":["15:06:41","343.324"],"3":["15:08:22","343.324"],"4":["15:37:21","343.324"],"5":["15:43:17","343.324"],"6":["15:43:34","343.324"],"7":["15:51:52","352.861"],"8":["15:52:10","343.324"],"9":["15:52:28","1.953"],"10":["15:53:37","362.398"],"11":["16:02:58","3.906"],"12":["16:49:46","362.398"],"13":["12:57:25","343.324"],"14":["12:59:20","0.299"],"15":["12:59:56","0.299"],"16":["13:00:34","0.299"],"17":["13:01:11","0.299"],"18":["13:26:12","181.281"],"19":["13:26:49","181.302"],"20":["13:27:26","181.302"]}

Now I am trying to get Json_Encode to remove the Objects listed at the beggining with the current array number. Is there a simple fix for this issue any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

• Solution

I found the actual error:

$ChannelConfig = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Channel_Configuration WHERE id='" . $uid . "' AND Number='" . $Sensor_Number . "'");

if(!$ChannelConfig){
    		die(mysql_error());
    	}

if($configuration = mysql_fetch_array($ChannelConfig)){
      		$data[0] = array("Time", $configuration['Name']);	
      	}

echo $data[0][0] . $data[0][1];

the echo at the end should display the contents of the array. Being Time and whatever is queiered from the database. Instead it returns nothing. I resolved the issue because I needed to subtract one from the $Sensor_Number. Thanks for all who were interested.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.