Controlling access to cgi program?

physiphile

Hello everyone,

I have a php page that refers to /cgi-bin/script. The php page is set to private so only the appropriate user can see it, however, the /cgi-bin/script is still openly accessible.

How can I lock down the /cgi-bin/script so only users with permission to access the php page can see /cgi-bin/script

physiphile

Edited by physiphile

Am I thinking about this the right way? I know I can solve this if I submit the form data into two different log in systems. One using my typical php user management system and the other setting user/password file permissions for certain groups.

How are other people controlling access to cgi? .htaccess?

Edited by physiphile

I considered using apaches basic authentication but I don't want the user login to be in a pop up. I'm using UserCake for my user management and need that log in to also allow access to a cgi-bin script

Maybe chmod() can be used to change the permission use the script and then change the permission back

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.