Pulling data into interface

alotofmath

Hello all,

I am making a web app, that is designed to support pregnancy...

There is a timeline, of a normal birth, but, as it is being used by doctors and patients, I had the idea that the medical users might want to edit this timeline, even though pregnancy and birth have a basic, typical path.

Is there a way to add the birth development as a table in SQL, and then pull it into the interface?

I am new to PHP, so it seems this is a basic question..how best to achieve this? 

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Ah..I see; that reminds me of a story.

There was a famer, who hired a farmhand, and the first day he had him mend fences; the job was supposed to take two days, but he got it done in one;

Wow, the farmer said, this guy works hard...

The second day, he had the farmhand mow the fields...again, the farmhand got it done in two days, instead of a week.

The farmer said, what am I going to do with this guy.

So, he brought the farmhand to a basement, where the potatoes were pulled from the summer harvest; he said, okay, I want you to sort the potatoes into three piles: ones we keep, ones we sell, and ones we need to throw out.

After the end of the day, the farmhand said, that's it, sir, I quit.

What, the farmer said, why, I will raise your salary, I'll do anything to keep you.

Nope, the farmhand said, this mowing and mending fences is good, but this potatoe business is decison after decision after decision.

I will look at the options, and decide, and quit going to forums.

Goodnight, and good luck.

Well, nobody is paid here to answer questions (contrary to that farmer). We are doing it to help people and for fun. And learning to code has nothing to do with hiring somebody and making him make the job at your place. If you want somebody to do all the job at your place, you're going to have to hire somebody. ;)

That being said, if you want to learn to develop web applications, it seems that you are stuck at the beginning. What you probably want to do is to check how PHP works with MySQL. There are a lots of books and tutorial out there. If you prefer a book, I suggest that you check Amazon and search for PHP Mysql. If you prefer free tutorials, Google something like "php and mysql tutorial". Be sure to add a filter by date, you don't want to get tutorials of 10 years ago.

What is your goal with this application? Learn how to code for fun? You want to become a professional web developer?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.