Newbie php help

markwtaylor

I downloaded a php application and am trying to get it to work, but cannot.

First, the background:

- I have a site that it working on this server, using the same MYSQL database as I will be using for this new application, so I know that MYSQL & php are both working fine

- I am trying to install this new application in a subdirectory so as to keep it separate from my current production site - so, the current site is under public and I am trying to run this one under public/rvinventory

I installed all of the new site files and directories into the public/rvinventory path and modified the MYSQL login credentials. 

The index.php is:

<?php

define("_LIBPATH","./lib/");
require_once _LIBPATH . "site.php";

$site = new CSite("./site.xml",true);
$site->Run();

?>

When I run this index, I get the HTTP 500 error.  I know that I have access to this, as I copied my production site index.html file to this directory and can access it.

What am I missing?  Can I not run this additional site from within my current site?

Should be able to access it from your sites control panel? If not contact your web host for support.

Alternatively try adding

ini_set('display_errors',1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

at the top of index.php (after the opening <?php tag) and to try an force the error message(s) to appear.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.