Sorting an upvoting system

activee

Hey I'm trying to do an up voting system kinda like reddit. So I got my table with upvotes and downvotes.

The hiccup is when i want to echo all the entries in my table but I want these being sorted by effective votes. 

So basically if an entry has 250 upvotes and 30 downvotes and the second entry has  250 upvotes and 2 downvotes the second one should be echoed first. I know how to echo all the rows of my table I just don't know how to sort them via effectives votes.

I'm not sure how I should proceed. Any help to get started  would be welcome.

Edited by activee

no, no no

I got upvotes in my table and I got downvotes in my table.
I don't have effectivevotes in my table. effectivevotes = upvotes - downvotes. I want my rows to be ordered by effectivevotes.

if I follow your instruction if I'm not mistaking : one row could have 1000 upvotes and 2000 downvotes and would still be higher than a row which has 1 upvotes and 0 downvotes

Edited by activee

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.