HTML forms. different buttons, different actions

boo_lolly

hello all, i'm building a CMS and i'm have some trouble with a certain page i've been working on. I have information stored in my database that the admin user can edit and update and change, obviously. on this edit page i have HTML input fields that have been pre-populated with the variable values.

underneath all of that, i have 3 html submit buttons. one of them is "Cancel", another is "Save and Exit", and the last is "Save and Continue".

if the admin presses cancel, i want to keep the values that are already stored in the database, and go to a certain page.

if the admin presses save and exit, i want all the changes that have been made to update the database, and then go to a certain page.

if the admin presses save and continue, i want all the changes that have been made to update the database, and then go to a different page.

got it? how do i do this? i was thinking wrapping it all up in one html form, and replacing action= with action=<?php echo $submit_value ?> or something like that. and on each submit button the name could be the value of $submit_value. maybe with some if() statements. i dunno. help!

give each button a unique name

then when it submits to the page check for which button was pressed.
[CODE]<?php
if($_POST['cancel']){
    header("Location:page_cancel.php");
}elseif($_POST['save_exit']){
    //update database code
    header("Location:page_exit.php");
}elseif($_POST['save_continue']){
    //update database code
    header("Location:page_continue.php");
}else{
    //this will display if something went wrong.
    header("Location:default.php");
}[/CODE]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.