I am using rawurlencode for my urls, like this: 

$price = 100;

$product = "Ipad 5";

$url = "";

$url .= "&Price=$price";

$url .= "&Product=$product";

$encodedUrl = rawurlencode($url);  

when clicking on this URL … : 

<a href="URLencode-recieve.php?rawEncodedLink=<?php echo $encodedUrl; ?>">rawUrlEncode Link</a>

… it takes you to a page that has this coding:

$encodedUrl = trim($_GET["rawEncodedLink"]);

$decodedUrl = rawurldecode($encodedUrl);

Both the $encodedUrl and $decodeUrl variables above have these values: &Price=100&Product=Ipad 5.

However the GET method is NOT pulling the Price value from the parameter in the URL

$price = trim($_GET["Price"]);

echo "Price variable: " . $price; // this price variable is empty when echoing it.

Of course the parameters aren't read from the URL. They simply aren't there.

What you have is a single URL parameter called “rawEncodedLink”. This parameter contains a bunch of URL-encoded characters. Since they're encoded, they do not have any special meaning for the URL. It's just data. The original “&” is now a literal character.

It seems you want something entirely different. If you want to add actual parameters to the URL, you must not encode the “&” character. Use http_build_query() to create a proper list of URL parameters.

Of course the parameters aren't read from the URL. They simply aren't there.

What you have is a single URL parameter called “rawEncodedLink”. This parameter contains a bunch of URL-encoded characters. Since they're encoded, they do not have any special meaning for the URL. It's just data. The original “&” is now a literal character.

It seems you want something entirely different. If you want to add actual parameters to the URL, you must not encode the “&” character. Use http_build_query() to create a proper list of URL parameters.

Thanks! I thought once you decoded the string, the parameters can be read. I'll test with http build query! 

I thought once you decoded the string, the parameters can be read.

Not sure what you mean. PHP parses the URL parameters and sets the $_GET superglobal before the script runs. What you do within the script is your business. If you want to update $_GET with some new value, you'd have to do that yourself (but of course you shouldn't and just use the correct parameters from the beginning).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.