layering

jwk811

That is a CSS question not PHP. however...

I tried doing just that the other day and found that the select box was always layered over the text box regardless of the layer index I gave the objects. The one possible solution I thought of, but have not yet tested, was to put the select list directly to the right of the text box and to reduce it's width so that only the down arrow is shown next to the text box. When the user selects the down arrow, javacript on the page could expand the width of the select box so that it covers the text box.

I tried downloaiding the code as well, but it is not working when run locally. Looks like they are using some sort of encryption.

I was interested in this because on a previous project I created a select box with "intellisense" in that as you typed it would select the option in the list that matched what you had typed thus far. The only component I didn't have was the layering of the text box on top of the select list.

I've tried replicating the effect they have, but no success yet.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.