Need assistance with a query.

zebracobra

Hello, I am looking for some help with a query. I am not too smart with sql queries so please don't be too rough with me.

I created a table in MySql to hold a list of links I have. The table has 6 fields which are:

link_id
cat_id
link_name
link_url
date
rating

That is working perfect, I can enter information without problems. Now where I need help is with an a big list of links I have and don't want to enter them one by one manually. I know that these could be archived with a query where I pate the whole list of links and execute it. What would that query look like??
One more thing, my links are words with internal link, like this <a href="http://www.ggg.com">best price toy</a>. Is there a way to separate the actual url from the description and then feed them into two different fields?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for that fast reply.

It would probably be an easy task for those savvy in mysql and php. But unfortunately I am a beginner that is only good doing html.
If the previous post by gluck could only be translated into a step by step it would help me a great deal.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.