Getting Internal Server Error on Submit

carstorm

Whenever I hit submit I get an internal server error. Here is the code:

<?php $modsToBeChecked = str_replace(
"\r",
"\n",
str_replace( "\r\n", "\n", $_POST[ 'modsToBeChecked' ] )
);
$modsToBeChecked = explode( "\n", $modsToBeChecked );

var_dump( $modsToBeChecked );?>

$modsToBeChecked is passed in from a textarea form. It is suppose to treat each line in the textbox as one element of the array. Here is the form code in case you need it:

<form  action=""><textarea name="modsToBeChecked" rows="25" cols="50"></textarea>
<input type="submit">
</form>

Depends, are you submitting the form using GET or POST? Your earlier code indicated $_POST but now you are trying to access $_GET

Sorry about the confusion. In the original post I have the form using get yet the PHP looking for post. It is using get.

Before using $_POST[ 'modsToBeChecked' ] you need check if this element is exists

if(isset($_POST[ 'modsToBeChecked' ])) {     //Element exists, you may use it }

Now my code is:

if(isset($_GET[ 'modsToBeChecked' ])) {
$modsToBeChecked = str_replace(
"\r",
"\n",
str_replace( "\r\n", "\n", $_GET[ 'modsToBeChecked' ] )
);
$modsToBeChecked = explode( "\n", $modsToBeChecked );

var_dump( $modsToBeChecked );
}

I'm not getting any errors generated by php yet still getting a  internal server error!

if(isset($_GET['modsToBeChecked'])) {
$modsToBeChecked = preg_replace(array("/\r\n+/", "/\r+/", "/\n+/"), "/n",trim($_GET['modsToBeChecked']));
$modsToBeChecked = explode("/n", $modsToBeChecked);

var_dump($modsToBeChecked);
}

You can probably improve it more depending on spaces in mod names, wasn't sure what your data was

I would first check the error logs,as was mentioned earlier, and then work on tackling that php page.

I don't see an action url set in your form, which means by default it just submits to the same page. Make sure they are otherwise you need to set the action attribute in your form to where the script is located.

Then you will need to look at your servers error logs

As already stated there are none.

if(isset($_GET['modsToBeChecked'])) { $modsToBeChecked = preg_replace(array("/\r\n+/", "/\r+/", "/\n+/"), "/n",trim($_GET['modsToBeChecked'])); $modsToBeChecked = explode("/n", $modsToBeChecked); var_dump($modsToBeChecked); }

You can probably improve it more depending on spaces in mod names, wasn't sure what your data was

Ya mod names can have spaces hence why I use each line as an element.

I would first check the error logs,as was mentioned earlier, and then work on tackling that php page.

I don't see an action url set in your form, which means by default it just submits to the same page. Make sure they are otherwise you need to set the action attribute in your form to where the script is located.

The php script is on the same page hence why there is no action attribute.

could you post a REAL example of the content of modsToBeChecked ?

An Internal Server error normally is logged... are you sure that you are looking the right logs files?

The last code that you posted works fine on testing, therefore seems that the POSTED code is not the issue here. Are you psoting the WHOLE code that you are using?...

Edited by mikosiko

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.