Would this be hard to do?

charlie0987

I something like this to happen...

A user has a text field and a button, he enters text in the field and clicks the button it will go to a URL. Once it goes to that URL it has a text field, this field would be automatically completed from what the user typed in at the start. On that URL there is also a button, that is automatically clicked once the text field has been automatically entered.

BUT the user only sees the first page where he entered text in the field and clicked the button. Everything that happens after he clicked that button he cannot see.

Is there a particular phrase you would call this from what is happening? If so, what is it and how would I do it? This probably is hard to understand but I tried :/

Thanks

...it has a text field, this field would be automatically completed from what the user typed in at the start. On that URL there is also a button, that is automatically clicked once the text field has been automatically entered.

This can be accomplished, but why would you need to - once the user is out of the picture - using "automatically", then you can just process the form info on one page - what are you really trying to do - hide a URL or something. Tell us the task you really want to accomplish.

This can be accomplished, but why would you need to - once the user is out of the picture - using "automatically", then you can just process the form info on one page - what are you really trying to do - hide a URL or something. Tell us the task you really want to accomplish.

Basically a custom youtube video searcher. I know you could probably do something like this https://m.youtube.com/results?q= . $link . &sm=3 but i want it to use the actual search bar to automatically write things.

Edited by rizmah

I don't see your reasoning to have multiple forms and buttons with automatic redirect/submissions.

Sure you can do a pile of forms and submits in addition to a pile header or javascript redirects, even redirect them to the url,  but why do that?

You can do one text field and button and process it all in the background then show a completed result.

Or a form with multiple text fields,select,radio,checkbox,etc...

If you needed to show additional options that will be dependent from what the user fills out in a form...use jquery or a combination of javascript and ajax.

They make an api that you can incorporate searches and show results.

youtube api version 3.0

I'll show you what I did, I have a youtube crawler with playlists and user ripper, adds single videos to my own database.

Then I made my own search and api to display results.

http://dynainternet.com/dynavid/search/index.php?s=full%20movie%20-trailer%20-preview%20-review%20-scene&size=400&startrow=5&max=5&display=id&order=desc&format=html&width=400&height=400

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.