Wordpress - Is there a way to setup a CRUD system for my database?

CrimpJiggler

I've played around with CakePHP, then XCrud (a decent CRUD application) but I gave up on both of them, XCrud was great for everything up until it came to managing complicated relational database tables. Anyhow, I'm using wordpress a lot now cuz it lets me stop reinventing the wheel so much and although I was able to integrate XCrud into WordPress as a plugin, I think the best way to go is just transfer my database tables to WordPress tables and display them as custom post types. My time is really limited right now though, is there a plugin/set of plugins I can use to automate the process? To show you what I mean, heres the XCrud list display of one of the tables:

931fd17aafcd55d1d987cf2bf7155ff4.png

thats great because it automatically sets up the CRUD thing and lets you add and edit fields to the table, and doesn't heavily box you into their system but I have a table of plants, one for products, one for pharmacology, one for categories which are all related to each other, and some of them are structured in a tree/nested hierarchy structure so long story short, I need to do advanced searches based on these relations and handle these tree structured tables and CakePHP didn't work out, and XCrud has crappy documentation and isn't popular enough to find good info.

So how would you go about transfering this system to WordPress? I'm guessing I need to make custom post types for each table but what I don't yet know is how to transfer the DB tables to WordPress format, how to handle the relationships between each table and how to handle the hierarchical tree structures.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.