php and eBay

didz666

Hi i have a php app that uses the ebay api to pull related products and feedback etc for a custom template i have built but cannot for the life of me get the php script working in ebay.

Does any one have any experience using php within ebay any help would be really appreciated.

thanks

You have to post some related code and what issues you are having with it.

Hi its not the php i have issues with its getting any type of php to load with in ebay, I have tried linking the php as you would with a js script using the full url with no joy and i have converted my template into a php doc rather than a html and still the php will not load.

You wont be able to run the php directly off of ebays page.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve there may be other alternatives. 

Hi basically I have a html listing template that i want to show related products using an ebayapi call. The call is written in php and displays related products based on keyswords etc.

its as simple as that.

Is using an ajax call to access the php the way to go.

thanks

The issue is what will pass through the filters ebay has in place when you add a listing.

The catch all from their HTML and javascript policy being

• Calls remote scripts and pages automatically, such as JavaScript "includes" or "iframes."

(But oddly enough they allow flash content so go figure...you can add anything you want in a .swf file and load it right up to your listing.)

There are "certified 3rd party apps" that might be a better route.

At least you wont run the risk of violating their listing guidelines by bypassing any of their filter techniques to make it work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.