phpMyAdmin and file access over a network

Hi,

I have installed WAMP5 on my PC for testing scripts, but want to be able to do all my editing on other computers in my home network too.  I am able to view the pages fine from my second computer by using the "put online" button from the tray icon.  However, I have two further questions

1.  How can I set it up to access phpMyAdmin from the second computer?  At the moment it gives me a permission denied error

2.  How can I access the php files for editing over the network.  Do I need to install another program to do so?  Can it be done by FTP, and if so how?  Is there any way to do it without having to reinstall WAMP in a shared folder?

Basically I want to be able to sit upstairs in my nice warm room with my laptop and edit my websites without having to use VNC (slow and different screen res between computers makes it annoying) or transfer files between computers, or sit in the horrible cold room where my PC is :)

Any help or suggestions appreciated.  If it helps to know, I am running windows xp home on both computers.

Cheers

Okay, found the solutions

1.  Had to change the computers allowed to access phpmyadmin in the phpmyadmin alias file.  Click on the WAMP tray icon, >alias directories > phpmyadmin >edit alias

It says this

[quote]<Directory "c:/server/phpmyadmin/">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride all
        Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all

</Directory>[/quote]

I changed to this

[quote]<Directory "c:/server/phpmyadmin/">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride all
#        Order Deny,Allow
# Deny from all
# Allow from all
Allow from 192.168.0.5
</Directory>[/quote]

2.  Either share the files over the network (not so secure) or use an upload script in your server www directory (better, if password protected)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.