Not grabbing userId for link/url

Megachunk

Hello.

I have this code that is creating tables and columns and making the links, but its not grabbing the userId to take it to the next page. Please see attached page:

Am I trying to make the links grab the associated userId to take it to the page of that Id. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike

artists.php

Being a newbie, I'm not sure how to implement it in my existing code. I tried inserting it into where the span class .artist is, but it doesn't seem to work for me. How could I associate it with what I have? thanks in advance: I really appreciate the help!

<?php

$currentColumn=0;

echo "<tr>".PHP_EOL;

while($artist = mysql_fetch_assoc($rs_artistNames))
  {
    $currentColumn = $currentColumn +1;

echo " <td align='left'><B><a href='artists_details.php?userId='<span class=.artist'>".$artist['artistName']." ".$artist['lastName']."</B></a> <BR> ".$artist['bandName']."</span></td>".PHP_EOL;

//the modulo function (%) returns 0 if evenly divisible
    if($currentColumn % 4 == 0)
    {
      echo "</tr>".PHP_EOL;
      echo "<tr>".PHP_EOL;
    }  

}

echo "</tr>".PHP_EOL;
?>

Currently your link is invalid html. If you look at my post you will see I posted the correct syntax for your link. The artists span goes where the ... is in my code.

Also when adding the name of a class to a html tag you don't include the period in the class name.

Thanks very much! This should help.

Still having a bit of trouble getting it to work, but I should be able to figure it out with what I've got. The page makes the links now but doesn't connect to the userId. I really appreciate the help! Thanks so much!

Mike

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.