Search Users

Tom10

Hi, i've never created a search in php so i'm not exactly sure on the method you can use do create a search, basically i have created an admin panel and it has a list of users but if there are too many users i will need to create a search.

Please can someone tell me how i can do this?

Thanks in advance! :)

Depends on what you need to search for, but let's say you want to search for the users last name.

Create a form with an input for the last name. When submitting the form, just do a search for the last name in the db using WHERE lastname = 'lastname_from_form' to get an exact match, or WHERE lastname LIKE 'lastname_from_form%' to get all that start with lastname_from_form (the % at the end is a wildcard).

Then display the list of matched users

Edited by CroNiX

Depends on what you need to search for, but let's say you want to search for the users last name.

Create a form with an input for the last name. When submitting the form, just do a search for the last name in the db using WHERE lastname = 'lastname_from_form' to get an exact match, or WHERE lastname LIKE 'lastname_from_form%' to get all that start with lastname_from_form (the % at the end is a wildcard).

Then display the list of matched users

Thanks, CroNiX i will try this! :)

Hi i'm trying to echo all usernames from sql to html my code is working but it's echoing to the page as an array

$select = "SELECT username FROM users";
$stmt = $handler->prepare($select);
$stmt->execute();

if($stmt->rowCount())
{

$res = $stmt->fetchAll();

print_r($res);

}

Because $res IS an array of all usernames, which is what your query asked for by using fetchAll(). So you'd need to iterate over that array.

foreach($res as $user)
{
  echo $user['username'] . "<br>";
}
Edited by CroNiX

Because $res IS an array of all usernames, which is what your query asked for by using fetchAll(). So you'd need to iterate over that array.

foreach($res as $user)
{
  echo $user['username'] . "<br>";
}

Ah i get you

<a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars(htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) . '?page=manage&new='.hash('ripemd128', rand()).'' ?>"> + New User </a>

Hi i'm trying to load a create page by adding &new= to the url but it won't work if i create case 'new': ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.