FORGOT PASSWORD??How to solve?

Atanu

Suppose there is a Registration form with having somany fields.So there must be some fields like USERNAME, PASSWORD etc,etc..when u enter the password in the PASSWORD field then the password given by u is being encrypted through the MD5 algorithem or techniqe and it will be stored in the DATABSE.
Next after completing the registration when u r going to login then after giving the username and password,a mathch case must be occured.The password given by u is encrypted again and it is being matched with that encrypted password already stored in the database and u will be sucessfully login in ur page.

But if I forget my password then how will I retrieve my password which has been already encrypted and has benn stored in the database???How can I get that.What will be the output when I click on the link on the login page:FORGOT UR PASSWORD?

please solve this problem.

ok.but this site "www.phpfreaks.com",there is also on the login page:"Forgot password?".By which way they r able to that.and YAHOO.COM,REDIFFMAIL.COM.all sites r using the same features.

When the users are registered on those sites,is it sure that their given password are encrypted generally?
If those password be encrypted then how can they retrieve it by clicking "FORGOT PASSWORD?"
which format of the password stored in the database?

plz help me,i can not get the exact way.plz plz.

If you have access to your database just run the following..

$newpass = md5("Your New Password");
mysql_query("UPDATE my_table SET password='$newpass'") or die(mysql_error));

And there you have a new password, as said, there is NO NO NO way to get what you have there back unless you remember it!

Abydos

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.