going mail() problems.

otuatail

Hi.
The code I have been using for 10 years has stopped again. I believe this is a configuration problem with my web host. The code was working up to yesterday and other parts of the website have similar code that has stopped. Is there any way I can use some sort of ini set to overcome this. I was hoping to demo a website today and now this.

I even have a test mail() with default fixed values that should also work. Here is the code complete with what was echo(d) back.

Any help would be really appreciated here. I am desperate to get this email working again.

/*
$emailList = "";
$qCustomers = GetCustomers($_SESSION['MySQLEmail']);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($qCustomers))
{
$emailList .= $row['Email'] . ",";
}
$emailList = trim($emailList, ",");
echo $_SESSION['MySQLEmail'] . "<br>";
echo "$emailList<br><br>";
*/
$emailList = "paulotuatail@aol.com,desotuatail@aol.com,otuatail@aol.com";

$site ="mysight";
$webemail = $site . "@desmond-otoole.co.uk";
$headers = "From: $site <$webemail>\r\n";
$success = mail($emailList,$subject, $msg, $headers, '-froot@desmond-otoole.co.uk'); // must comply with » RFC 2822.

echo "Success1: " . $success . "<br>List: " . $emailList . "<br>Subject: " . $subject . "<br>Site: " . $site . "<br>webemail: " . $webemail . "<br>headers: " . $headers . "<br><br>";

/* result of above echo
Success1: 1
List: paulotuatail@aol.com,desotuatail@aol.com,otuatail@aol.com
Subject: Happy christmas from everyone here at Millers Yard
Site: mysight
webemail: mysight@desmond-otoole.co.uk
headers: From: mysight
*/

// test using fixed text values This also failes ***
$success = mail("paulotuatail@aol.com,desotuatail@aol.com,otuatail@aol.com","My Subject", "My Message", "From: $site <mysight@desmond-otoole.co.uk>\r\n", '-froot@desmond-otoole.co.uk'); // must comply with » RFC 2822.

Any error messages displayed? What do the server logs say?

Unless this is a development server, only change this temporarily. Open php.ini and look for display_errors = and make sure it = On and restart the web service.

If you're using apache you'll also want to have a look at /var/logs/apache2/error.log it maybe logging to another location all depends on the web server itself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.