Video Uploader Form Needs A Little Help

steveryan

Hello,

I am building a video upload form for my wordpress site. This uploader will enable users to upload mp4 video (and other video formats) from the front end.

All I did was copy and paste the code from the uploader that comes standard with the BeeTube theme we are using. The reason why I'm doing this is because I want the uploader on it's own page and I don't want people to have to "Submit a Post". It's not in line with what we are trying to do. I just want people to click on an "Upload" link that will take them directly to an uploader. We don't want the uploader to say anything about making a post. It's supposed to be a simple uploader.

I'm trying to edit the code so that the uploader works the way it's supposed to. I'm having problems doing this.

This uploader has several fields. It's also supposed to create the post automatically.

I have two problems:

1. It is not creating the post.
2. The drop-down menu for the video categories is not displaying.

If these two features work correctly, the form should also grab the video URL from the media gallery and insert it into the "Video File" field within the post edit page so that the HTML5 video player we are using will display the video instantly on the front end for public view.

If there's any way that someone can help me get this working I would be so grateful. 

Here is the code I am trying to edit.

<?php
            $current_user = wp_get_current_user();
            ?>
            <div id="postbox">
            <form id="new_thread" name="new_thread" method="post" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data">      
                        <label for="comment">Video Title</label>
            <input type="text" id="author" value="" name="video_title" placeholder="Video Title" />
                        <br/>   
                        <label for="comment">Post Description</label>
            <textarea id="comment" name="video_description"></textarea>
                        <br />

<div class="video-options">
                                <input type="radio" name="video_options" value="video_custom" class="video-custom" />
                                <label for="comment">Video Uploader</label>
                        </div>  

<div class="video-custom vid-option">
                                <label for="comment">Video Uploads Only</label>
                                <br/>
                                <input type="file" name="upload_attachment[]" id="user-image-featured" size="20">
                                <p>
                                <br/>
                        </div>

<div class="video-embed-code vid-option">
                                <label for="comment">Video Embed Code</label>
                                <textarea id="comment" name="video_embed_code"></textarea>
                                <p>Paste the raw video code to here, such as <-object->, <-embed-> or <-iframe-> code.</p>
                                <br/>
                        </div>
                        <?php
                                $seoMeta = get_option('jtheme_seo_metaon');
                                if($seoMeta == true){ ?>
                        <div class="video-seo-block">
                                <label for="comment">Meta Title</label>
                                <textarea id="comment" name="seo_title"></textarea>
                                <p>IF you want to put your custom meta Title then put here otherwise your post title will be the default meta Title</p>
                                <br/>
                        </div>

<label for="comment">Meta Description</label>
                                <textarea id="comment" name="seo_description"></textarea>
                                <p>IF you want to put your custom meta description then put here otherwise your post description will be the default meta description</p>
                                <br/>
                        </div>

<label for="comment">Meta Keywords</label>
                                <textarea id="comment" name="seo_keywords"></textarea>
                                <p>IF you want to put your custom meta Keywords then put here otherwise your post TAGS will be the default meta Keywords</p>
                                <br/>
                        </div>
                        <?php } ?>
                        <div class="video-cat">
                                <label for="comment">Video Categories</label><br/>
                                <?php wp_dropdown_categories( 'show_option_none=Category&tab_index=4&taxonomy=category' ); ?>
                        </div>

<!-- images -->
                        <div class="video-img">
                                <label for="images">Featured Image:</label><br/>
                                <input type="file" name="upload_attachment[]" id="user-image-featured" size="20">
                        </div>

<div class="video-cat">
                                <label for="comment">Video Layout</label><br/>
                                <select name="video_layout">
                                        <option selected="selected" value=""></option>
                                        <option value="standard">Standards</option>
                                        <option value="full-width">Full Width</option>
                                </select>
                        </div>

<label for="comment">Video Tags</label>
            <input type="text" id="author" value="" name="video_tags" placeholder="Video Tags" />

<!-- Submit button-->
            <br />
            <input type="submit" value="Save Post" tabindex="5" id="thread_submit" name="thread_submit" class="thread-button" />

<input type="hidden" name="insert_post" value="post" />

<?php wp_nonce_field( 'new_thread' ); ?>

</form>

</div>

I simplified the code down to the bare elements that I need.

Please show me what I need to change so that the category drop-down menu will show.

I also need to make sure that the form creates the post and attaches the video to the post.

<?php
$current_user = wp_get_current_user();
?>

<div id="postbox">
<form id="new_thread" name="new_thread" method="post" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data">      
<label for="comment">Video Title</label>
<input type="text" id="author" value="" name="video_title" placeholder=" " />
<br/>

<label for="comment">Post Description</label>
<textarea id="comment" name="video_description"></textarea>
<br />

<label for="comment">Video Uploads Only</label>

<p>
<br/>
</div>

<?php

<div class="video-cat">
<label for="comment">Video Categories</label><br/>
<?php wp_dropdown_categories( 'show_option_none=Category&tab_index=4&taxonomy=category' ); ?>
</div>

<!-- Submit button-->
<br />
<input type="submit" value="Save Post" tabindex="5" id="thread_submit" name="thread_submit" class="thread-button" />
<input type="hidden" name="insert_post" value="post" />
<?php wp_nonce_field( 'new_thread' ); ?>
</form>
</div>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.