Creating an "update page"

Ajamese

I am currently working on a coworkers music production site and all the design elements are coming together incredibly well- love the creating sites for visual appeal and ease of use. It is a very simple site as well. there's no huge amount data that is going to be coursing through it.  Four primary pages and a few sub-pages to give it a bit of depth.

One of these pages however - the update page - I would like to function for my coworker like a very simple wordpress. As much as I enjoy wordpress it's just has far too many features for the objective. I would like to have a single field on this page that my coworker has a backdoor to access and upgrade. Simply put each time a new event comes up I would like him to be able to sign into the backdoor type up a simple blurb about the event that's coming up (or has happened). When he submits the blurb, it deletes - or maybe stores - the last submission. I'm not worried about displaying old submissions aside from on facebook/twitter. I guess being able to place a photo in these submissions would be handy as well.

So as far as my knowledge goes I would need to create a database for this and it would require a bit of intense programming. This for me would be a way to learn how to program with php but if I foresee that it may take too long I am very open to the idea of any code snippets that may already exist for this application. Any help or links that can be shared will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a bunch in advance! 

There won't be any code snippets you can easily add in, you have to make a database and do the forms and queries, learn and do the coding or have someone that does.

You can save as flat files, but that's not a good way to do it these days when is something better.(still requires coding)

There are text editors that makes saving and editing a little easier to implement and some features.

http://ckeditor.com/

http://www.tinymce.com/

You will still have to save this data somewhere.

If you are willing to dive into php I will point you to the manual

https://secure.php.net/manual/en/index.php

It may seem like a "simple wordpress" but they spent many years and lots of people to get that to do what it does.

I respect people wanting to do something from scratch and willing to learn, in this case as you explained because time limited, wordpress or another premade cms may be the route to take.

I really don't mind doing the work at all.

I've tried to have clients write into a flat file before and that is still far too much for them and that's why I didn't bring it into this particular post. having this person dealing with any sort of file uploading program would still be too much.

I'll be taking a peak at the manual (thank you!) to see if it'll be something I can tackle.

Thanks again!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.