Execute query direct to database 3 seconds, pdo->execute 53 seconds.

iarp

Hi All, I am at a loss. I have a web server that used to run beautifully (IIS/PHP) and something has just caused it to tank.

I can run queries directly against the SQL Server database and get 700+ row results in 3 seconds. However when I connect via PDO, ->prepare the query and then ->execute the execution can take 50+ seconds to run. Even just a ->query takes the same length of time.

The query I am issue has no parameters, the values are hardcoded and controlled by me.

I'm at a loss as to what to look into next, nothing I do changes the time factor. I've tried turning off emulating prepares, but prepares happen instantly.

I've been tracking how long it takes and this is what my log looks like

START|2015-09-23 21:48:50
PREPARED|2015-09-23 21:48:50
EXECUTED|2015-09-23 21:49:43
FETCHED|2015-09-23 21:49:44
SENT|2015-09-23 21:49:44

I decided to try running SQL Server Profiler to figure out if maybe SQL was taking forever to issue the query.

So I'm sitting here, Profiler on one screen and my test script on another. I refresh my test script and see the connection open within Profiler. It sits there for 50 seconds exactly, then I see the query gets issued to SQL, executed, 3 seconds later it returns all data.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.