PHP contact module

humative

Hallo everyone,

I’m freelancing in graphic design and I need to fix the PHP contact module on my new website at www.humative.com. I’m at ease with html and CSS, but PHP is out of my range. If anyone can provide some help I’ll be very helpful.

My website is a self customized version of the form template:

Since direct php mail is not supported on my shared hosting service, I need to authenticate to the SMTP as follows:

$SmtpServer=“mail.humative.com”; //or 192.168.0.33 ?
$SmtpPort=“465”; // I think I have SSL 
$SmtpUser=“info@humative.com”; 
$SmtpPass=“mypasswordhere”; 

This is an example provided by my hosting service.

And this is my post.php file on my website:

<?php

if(!$_POST) exit;

// Email address verification, do not edit.
function isEmail($email) {
return(preg_match("/^[-_.[:alnum:]]+@((([[:alnum:]]|[[:alnum:]][[:alnum:]-]*[[:alnum:]])\.)+(ad|ae|aero|af|ag|ai|al|am|an|ao|aq|ar|arpa|as|at|au|aw|az|ba|bb|bd|be|bf|bg|bh|bi|biz|bj|bm|bn|bo|br|bs|bt|bv|bw|by|bz|ca|cc|cd|cf|cg|ch|ci|ck|cl|cm|cn|co|com|coop|cr|cs|cu|cv|cx|cy|cz|de|dj|dk|dm|do|dz|ec|edu|ee|eg|eh|er|es|et|eu|fi|fj|fk|fm|fo|fr|ga|gb|gd|ge|gf|gh|gi|gl|gm|gn|gov|gp|gq|gr|gs|gt|gu|gw|gy|hk|hm|hn|hr|ht|hu|id|ie|il|in|info|int|io|iq|ir|is|it|jm|jo|jp|ke|kg|kh|ki|km|kn|kp|kr|kw|ky|kz|la|lb|lc|li|lk|lr|ls|lt|lu|lv|ly|ma|mc|md|me|mg|mh|mil|mk|ml|mm|mn|mo|mp|mq|mr|ms|mt|mu|museum|mv|mw|mx|my|mz|na|name|nc|ne|net|nf|ng|ni|nl|no|np|nr|nt|nu|nz|om|org|pa|pe|pf|pg|ph|pk|pl|pm|pn|pr|pro|ps|pt|pw|py|qa|re|ro|ru|rw|sa|sb|sc|sd|se|sg|sh|si|sj|sk|sl|sm|sn|so|sr|st|su|sv|sy|sz|tc|td|tf|tg|th|tj|tk|tm|tn|to|tp|tr|tt|tv|tw|tz|ua|ug|uk|um|us|uy|uz|va|vc|ve|vg|vi|vn|vu|wf|ws|ye|yt|yu|za|zm|zw)$|(([0-9][0-9]?|[0-1][0-9][0-9]|[2][0-4][0-9]|[2][5][0-5])\.){3}([0-9][0-9]?|[0-1][0-9][0-9]|[2][0-4][0-9]|[2][5][0-5]))$/i",$email));
}

if (!defined("PHP_EOL")) define("PHP_EOL", "\r\n");

$name     = $_POST['name'];
$email    = $_POST['email'];
$message = $_POST['message'];

$SMTPMail = new SMTPClient ($SmtpServer, $SmtpPort, $SmtpUser, $SmtpPass, $name, $email, $message);
$SMTPChat = $SMTPMail->SendMail();

if(trim($name) == '') {
echo '<div class="notification error clearfix"><p><strong>Attention!</strong> You must enter your name.</p></div>';
exit();
} else if(trim($email) == '') {
echo '<div class="notification error clearfix"><p><strong>Attention!</strong> Please enter a valid email address.</p></div>';
exit();
} else if(!isEmail($email)) {
echo '<div class="notification error clearfix"><p><strong>Attention!</strong> You have entered an invalid e-mail address, try again.</p></div>';
exit();
}

if(trim($message) == '') {
echo '<div class="notification error clearfix"><p><strong>Attention!</strong> Please enter your message.</p></div>';
exit();
} 

if(get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
$message = stripslashes($message);
}

// Configuration option.
// Enter the email address that you want to emails to be sent to.
// Example $address = "joe.doe@yourdomain.com";

$address = "info@humative.com";

// Configuration option.
// i.e. The standard subject will appear as, "You've been contacted by John Doe."

// Example, $e_subject = '$name . ' has contacted you via Your Website.';

$e_subject = 'You\'ve been contacted by ' . $name . '.';

// Configuration option.
// You can change this if you feel that you need to.
// Developers, you may wish to add more fields to the form, in which case you must be sure to add them here.

$e_body = "You have been contacted by $name , their message is as follows." . PHP_EOL . PHP_EOL;
$e_content = "\"$message\"" . PHP_EOL . PHP_EOL;
$e_reply = "You can contact $name via email, $email";

$msg = wordwrap( $e_body . $e_content . $e_reply, 70 );

$headers = "From: $email" . PHP_EOL;
$headers .= "Reply-To: $email" . PHP_EOL;
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0" . PHP_EOL;
$headers .= "Content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8" . PHP_EOL;
$headers .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable" . PHP_EOL;

if(mail($address, $e_subject, $msg, $headers)) {

// Email has sent successfully, echo a success page.

echo "<fieldset>";
echo "<div id='success_page'>";
echo "<div class='notification success clearfix'><p>Thank you <strong>$name</strong>, your message has been submitted to us.</p></div>";
echo "</div>";
echo "</fieldset>";

} else {

echo 'ERROR!';

}

So, If you know how to solve this configuration, please, I cannot solve this by myself :-D

Richard.

Since direct php mail is not supported on my shared hosting service, I need to authenticate to the SMTP as follows:

$SmtpServer=“mail.humative.com”; //or 192.168.0.33 ?
$SmtpPort=“465”; // I think I have SSL
$SmtpUser=“info@humative.com”;
$SmtpPass=“mypasswordhere”;

Do not use smart quotes “  ” for smpt config. You need to be using normal straight quotes  "  "  

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.