Download File From mysql Database

papaface

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me.
Currently I have the following code:
download.php
[code]
<?php
require("connect.php");
require("dbselect.php");

$id = $_GET['id'];

$selectfrmdb = "select name,type,size,upload "."from uploads where upID = '$id'";

$result = mysql_query($selectfrmdb,$con)or die('Error, query failed');

list($name,$type,$size,$upload) = mysql_fetch_array($result);

header("Content-length: $size");
header("Content-type: $type");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$name");
echo $upload;

mysql_close($con);
exit;
?>[/code]

When I go to download.php?id=1 i get prompted to save a file called download.php instead of the filename or file that I want to download from the database.
If you need anymore information in order to help me with this let me know.
Thanks

Well a couple of things come to mind here.

1.  Is PHP installed correctly?  I'm sure it is but, well, it happens.  Can you view any other PHP enabled pages?
2.  WOrking on a download script I had this happen once as well.  It ended up being due to a bad path.  From what you posted there it looks as if you're trying to download from the same directory as the file.  Try throwing a few conditionals in there to help diagnose the issue...

if (!file_exists($file)) {
  echo 'not found';
} else {
  //download
}

One thing I've noticed is that if a script gets executing for a very long time, well not sure how long but.. anyway it prompts me to download the script and not the information I wanted.

Perhaps the file that you're pulling from the database is too large for your php.ini files to handle in script execution time?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.