(
            [11] => Isle of Walney
            [12] => Dalton-in-Furness
            [13] => Askam-in-Furness
            [14] => Millom
            [15] => Ulverston
        )
)

I can get my data into this format using the following code which arranges the array correctly and works, however i get lots of errors due to the array_push requiring two parameters. I have tried to resolve this by adding more parameters, but it keeps changing the array structure i require.

Warning: array_push() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home5/whammond/public_html/sharpmedia/gts/controller.inc.php on line 114

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home5/whammond/public_html/sharpmedia/gts/controller.inc.php on line 116

Warning: array_push() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home5/whammond/public_html/sharpmedia/gts/controller.inc.php on line 116

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home5/whammond/public_html/sharpmedia/gts/controller.inc.php on line 116
array_push($array[$location]);
array_push($array[$location][$i]);
array_push($array[$location][$i]=$connection->sheets[0]["cells"][$i][2]);

Would anyone be able to advise on how i can manipulate the three lines of code above to maintain the array structure i require above, and also fix the warnings . error messages received.

Thanks,

MoFish

• Solution

array_push() appends a value to an array, so there are necessarily two arguments (or more). If you have less, your code makes no sense.

It seems what you actually want to do is store a value at a specific index, which has nothing to do with array_push():

$array[$location][$i] = $connection->sheets[0]["cells"][$i][2];
Edited by Jacques1
  • Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.