Displaying data in tabular form

mythri

Hi,

i want to display consolidated marks sheet of students. Format is same as in the attached image

I have saved my data like this

exam information will be on exam_time_table like in the image (exam_time_table.jpg), Type of exams will be stored in exam_type (exam_type.jpg), subjects will be in subjects table, exams, subject and marks related to each student will be there in student_exam.

I can extract the data, but not able to display in this format. I have made format in html, but not able to fit in my data there.

Here is the query i am extracting

$sql="SELECT student_exam.id as sid, student_exam.student_id, student_exam.enroll_no, student_exam.exam_id, student_exam.subject_id, student_exam.obtained_marks, exam_time_table.exam_name, exam_time_table.class, exam_time_table.section, exam_time_table.total_marks, subjects.subject, exam_type.exam, student.enroll_no, student.stud_name FROM student_exam INNER JOIN exam_time_table ON student_exam.exam_id=exam_time_table.id INNER JOIN subjects ON student_exam.subject_id=subjects.sub_id INNER JOIN exam_type ON exam_time_table.exam_name=exam_type.eid INNER JOIN student ON student_exam.enroll_no=student.enroll_no WHERE exam_time_table.class='".$class."' AND exam_time_table.section='".$section."' AND student_exam.enroll_no='".$enroll_no."'";

Can somebody please let me know how to do it? Please share if you have any tutorials

Tables are like in the attachment

post-168283-0-07518000-1465363070_thumb.png

post-168283-0-19353200-1465363077_thumb.jpg

post-168283-0-66473700-1465363085_thumb.png

post-168283-0-74216300-1465363102_thumb.png

You could apply a method similar to this one

http://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/301314-displaying-data-in-tabular-form/?do=findComment&comment=1533481

I'd also start by tidying up the SQL code. You wouldn't write your php in one single line.

$sql = "SELECT 
    student_exam.id as sid
    , student_exam.student_id
    , student_exam.enroll_no
    , student_exam.exam_id
    , student_exam.subject_id
    , student_exam.obtained_marks
    , exam_time_table.exam_name
    , exam_time_table.class
    , exam_time_table.section
    , exam_time_table.total_marks
    , subjects.subject
    , exam_type.exam
    , student.enroll_no
    , student.stud_name 
FROM 
    student_exam 
    INNER JOIN exam_time_table ON student_exam.exam_id=exam_time_table.id 
    INNER JOIN subjects ON student_exam.subject_id=subjects.sub_id 
    INNER JOIN exam_type ON exam_time_table.exam_name=exam_type.eid 
    INNER JOIN student ON student_exam.enroll_no=student.enroll_no 
WHERE 
    exam_time_table.class='$class' 
    AND exam_time_table.section='$section' 
    AND student_exam.enroll_no='$enroll_no' ";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.