PHP Script - clone /member page?

cedpeete

Hello ,

I am new to PHP and this forum. I am trying to figure out how to create a database and PHP script to auto create a webpage. I don't know the proper name for it. 

I want each user/member to register on my home page and then they will have a webpage created(copied/cloned) and displayed to them that will have a special link ,so they can advertise the services. An example would be: www.indemandcareer.com as the main site and www.indemandcareer.com/?hop=cedpeete as the member site. Do you have or know where a tutorial is on how to do this? Or the proper name for this is called so I can search for a tutorial. I created the webpage , just trying to figure out the clone /member page duplication process. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Ced

Literally duplicating the web application for every new user is a very bad idea. Not only does this waste a lot of space; you'll also get into deep trouble when you have to update the code, because now you have to update every single instance – and if one of the instances has departed from the original code, you're in merge hell.

PHP can render web content dynamically, and that's exactly what you want to do in this case: You have a single application with multiple users; every user has their own personal data, so the application can display individual web pages.

In any case, I strongly recommend you learn PHP before trying to implement a complex project like this. You need to actually know what you're doing if you want this to be a success (no, there's no step-by-step tutorial).

Edited by Jacques1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.