PHP code showing before echo (echo shows fine though)

dmfgkdg

I'm testing a payment transaction with Stripe and have followed instructions as indicated on the Stripe API reference manual and also from a youtube video. 

There are 3 file I am working with:

single.html (this is the test product page)
config.php
charge.php

when I try to run a test transaction, everything works but the resulting charge.php page displays the PHP code before the echo message. The echo message is properly displayed, but upon review of the API reference guide and youtube video, I dont know why on their examples, the code does not show. 

So instead of displaying only: 

Successfully charged $9.99 test amount!

the charge.php (https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/@the-jewelry-district.com/ssl/home/index.php?page=charge.php) page shows:

<?php

require_once('---the config file----');
  $token  = $_POST['stripeToken'];
  $customer = \Stripe\Customer::create(array(
      'email' => 'customer@example.com',
      'source'  => $token
  ));

$charge = \Stripe\Charge::create(array(
      'customer' => $customer->id,
      'amount'   => 1,
      'currency' => 'usd'
  ));

echo '<h1>Successfully charged $9.99 test amount!</h1>';

?>

'customer@example.com', 'source' => $token )); $charge = \Stripe\Charge::create(array( 'customer' => $customer->id, 'amount' => 1, 'currency' => 'usd' )); echo '[/size]

Successfully charged $9.99 test amount!
'; ?>[/size]

this is only in test mode. It's bugging me a lot. I need to know why this is happening to avoid any mistakes down the line. [/size]

The product page is at: https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/@the-jewelry-district.com/ssl/home/index.php?page=single.html

you can use 4242424242424242 as the cc number and any dummy info to test the transaction.

Just cant figure it out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.