summing two dates

nipo

Hi !

I have a litle problem.

I have on my form four field. In first I have a birthdays in format  d-m-Y(12-03-1994). Second field calculatig age from birthday until now ,formated Y-m-d (29-04-10  for example), and  have a code :

$start_date = '{yourtable___yourdate}';
if (!empty($start_date)) {
   $now_date = new DateTime();
   $start_date = new DateTime($start_date);
   $since_start = $start_date->diff($now_date);
   return $since_start->format('%y-%m-%d');
}
else {
   return "no data";
}

and work fine .

PROBLEM IS :  In third field have another age in format Y-m-d  for example 13-05-16 , and  want summ with second field.   (29-04-10 + 13-05-16 = 42-09-26)

The summ of calculating  42-09-26  (Y-m-d) must be displayed in fourth field ,but how.

I have a first field on form with job beginning in date format d-m-Y (27-03-1997 for example).Second calc field is with code and can calculate a length of sevice from beginning (27-03-1997) until today.Calc field show me result in Y-m-d format(19-03-29) and work fine.Here is the code:

$start_date = '{yourtable___yourdate}';
if (!empty($start_date)) {
$now_date = new DateTime();
$start_date = new DateTime($start_date);
$since_start = $start_date->diff($now_date);
return $since_start->format('%y-%m-%d');
}
else {
return "no data";
}

Now, I have another length of service (03-08-02 for example) in same form, which is done before 1997. ,and wrote in simple third field in text format(Y-m-d). I want in fourth calc field on form get the summ of those two length of service. Exactly : 24-00-01 must be result (19-03-29 + 03-08-02).One month is 30 days.Form is on Joomla 2.5 , made with form builder. Thanks for help!

This still doesn't make much sense, and there's no PHP function which could do that for you.

The DateTime::diff() method calculates the actual number of days, months and years between two dates. If you want to “add” another interval using your own logic (“one month is 30 days”), you have to do that yourself. That is, you must add the days of both intervals, divide the result by 30, then add the months etc.

Like I said, there is no PHP function for this kind of logic.

Edited by Jacques1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.