My setup:
Apache 2.0.55
php 2.0
mysql client version: 5.0.22
phpmyadmin 2.9.1.1
Bazillion vhosts, etc.
W2K Adv Server
Runs totally OK...

First off, I'd like to give a collective thanks to anyone whose ever helped me along when I decided to get my feet wet with Apache, php, mysql, phpmyadmin, perl, etc. This is a great community, especially for someone like me who needs to get out of the house more... :P

Anyhow, trivial as it may seem, I've got a teensy problem, none of which is about functionality, mind you. When you open the taskbar-resident Apache Monitor in Windows, it shows the Apache and php versions along the bottom border, e.g. Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.2.0. I have two other servers configured identically (or so I thought) as backups whenever I get motivated to do some server maintenance (ya know, for the 10 hits a month I get). Nevertheless, despite being php v2.0, they both report v1.4 (they were upgraded as was the main server). From a command line via php -v, they both show as v2.0. From a localhost/phpinfo.php, they both report v2.0.

When I upgraded the main server, with all its intrinsic service restarts and all, it showed up as v2.0 on that status bar. When the others didn't I thought it might be a Logon permissions thing, like a LocalSystem vs. a defined user. Nope. I thought I might have inadverdently downloaded and installed a v1.4 in lieu of v2.0, so I redownloaded a v2.0 and replaced the previous one. Nope. I checked through the php.ini file to see if the php.ini-recommended had changed and would need editing for the few paltry settings. Pretty much not.

At the expense of sounding petty, it *is* working fine but that status bar thing just kinda mildly gets me. It's not from a functionality standpoint, obviously, but I'm more interesting in the source of the issue albeit minor.

Thanks in advance....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.