Conection reset when posting

SharkBait

Oh I guess I can, but the bit of post that I want posted, is resetting my connection...

Ok on one of my scripts I set the session at the top of the script and then I use javascript to display it at the very bottom of the script, but the bottom alert I use to display the session variable seems to be null where at the top it is not.

At the top:

[code]
<?php
if(isset($_POST['type'])) {
$_SESSION['myLastSearch'] = $_POST['type'];
echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">alert('TYPE: {$_SESSION['myLastSearch']}');</script>";
}

require("includes/header.html");

?>
[/code]

At the bottom of the script

[code]
<?php
echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">alert('TYPE: {$_SESSION['myLastSearch']}');</script>";

require("includes/footer.html");
?>
[/code]

There are no lines that set $_SESSION['myLastSearch'] anywhere else in the script so I don't know why the bottom is not displaying what the top is.

I'm at a loss :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.