IE, cookies, and stuff

rainjam

Hi all

I've had a look for answers to this but haven't had any luck so far.... I'm trying to set a cookie with PHP4.4.4 on IIS, with code similar to the standard:

[code]
  setcookie('mycookie', $cookie_content, time() + (60*60*24*365));
[/code]

I've checked that I'm not sending anything to the browser before this statement. It works fine on Firefox and IE7, but IE6 and below don't seem to accept it.  I've modified the security settings to accept cookies from anywhere (Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced > override automatic cookie handling and "Accept everything", plus ...Security > Custom Level > Medium-Low), but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

The only thing I can find that might be related is the privacy policy, but I've tried generating one with IBM's P3P tool and can't make it work (and anyway, surely IE7 is [i]more[/i] strict about P3P?). Can anyone help... I'm tearing my hair out! I'm sure I'm missing something but not sure what...

Good idea, but it doesn't seem to do anything?... here's a test page

http://rainjam.com/psd_new/index.php

try adding anything to the basket on <IE7, does it work for you?

i'm using

[code]
setcookie('psdbasket', $r, time() + (60*60*24*365), "/", "www.rainjam.com");
[/code]

where $r is just a list of product IDs...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.