Exploded string from Db query

Gobbag

I'm scratching my head, not really a coder just muddled my way through from the Internet but this one has got me puzzled.

from a db query:-

$var9=$row["Closed_Days"]; this is a varchar(30) in a db, its value is can be  sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat or any combination.

$days = explode("," $var9);
    $day1 = $days[0];
    $day2 = $days[1];
   $day3 = $days[2];
   $day4 = $days[3];
   $day5 = $days[4];
   $day6 = $days[5];
   $day7 = $days[6];

A user can input into the db from zero days to all days and the output is passed to a calendar/date picker to block any days when establishment isn't open. 

The output from the following is below:-

<?php        
echo $day1;
echo $day2;
echo $day3;
echo $day4;
echo $day5;
echo $day6;
echo $day7;
echo "      ";
echo $days[0];
echo $days[1];
echo $days[2];
echo $days[3];
echo $days[4];
echo $days[5];
echo $days[6];

?>

Gives the output " sunmontuewedthu sunmontuewedthufrisat"

$day6 and $day7 isn't being echoed yet they are in the array??

No matter what I do I can only get 5 of the seven  $days to pass to the calender.

Can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

That is a terrible way to store your data. Multiple values should not be stored in a single field. Instaead they should be stored in separate rows.

Rant over.

I am surprised your code executes at all - you have a syntax error in the first line (a missing comma)

$days = explode("," $var9);
                   ^
                   comma missing

Make sure your error reporting level is set to E_ALL and that error reporting is on (in php.ini file). If some days are not specified your code fails because of undefined indexes in the array.

Archived