PHP install on PC over Apache on PC

I installed Apache on my PC so I could install PHP and MySQL and run scripts to test them offline...

When I installed Apached, it seemed fine, it is there, etc...

When I installed PHP and located the PHP folder in the Program Files, the only thing in PHP is the license text file...nothing else...

Is this normal?  How do I even test it or run it or run a script...?

Thanks.

did you download the php windows installer?  That would be the easiest and during the installation it asks if what web server you would like to configure for php.  Make sure Apache is running before you do this, however.  Then when that is all done, you'll need to go into Apache's config file and configure that how you want it.  At the bottom if the apache config file it should have a line that was placed in there by the php installation.

I apologize if this doesn't help.  This is how it all went down for me.

Since this thread is in WAMP section, then I believe you are using wamp installation.
Wamp already includes php, MySQL. You just have to run the installer and install it.

To test if your php is working after you installed wamp, go to the directory where you install wamp. For example I installed it at D:\Wamp
So you just have to put your files at www(I choosed www as my web directory) and run the script.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.