PHP XP installation on IIS

Hi

I need to develop a PHP web site that will be hosted on IIS. I have been trying to install PHP on an XP machine using the Windows Installer without success - I have concluded the answer may be to install manually.  The 2 things I was wondering were..

What is the best advice for manually installing PHP on IIS - I have looked at the PHP site but found the instructions not the easiest to follow.

Secondly, I would prefer to run it locally on Apache as this seems to be a better option.  However am I likely to encounter problems if I devlop the site on Apache and then have it running live on IIS?

Many thanks

Ken

I am not experienced with IIS. I prefer Apache. Your site should still work fine when you upload it. The thing that will "make or brake" your site when you upload it is PHPs configuration. When developing your site configure PHP on your dev box to that of your hosts - just run phpinfo to compare php's settings on both boxes.

I will write you a full guide to installing Apache2.2 and PHP5.2 on windows for you here.

I am running PHP with XP and IIS on my home machine. Can you you tell me what you did to configure your IIS. There are certain portions for example the properties of your default website under documents requires the index.php to be added as well as the php.ini file may need a few minor tweaks to work with IIS. I take it you have IISV5.1.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.