IE7 and Cookies..

AbydosGater

Hi,
I installed IE7 the other day.. And i am planning to add cookie functions to my site..
So i have been practicing with my cookie codes and i want to see how my data is stored within the cookie.. But i cant seam to find where IE7 is storing the cookies... They used to be in that folder called cookies.. but not anymore..

Anyone know where i can find them?

-Andy

Cookies are stored in the temp internet folder. You can access this folder by doing the following:

Open IE7 > go to Tools (hold Alt key down if the menu bar is not present) > Options... > General Tab

Now look for the Browsing History section and press the Settings button now choose the View files.

This will bring up the temp internet files folder. To find the cookies press the Type tab, this will sort the files in order of their type. now scroll down the list untill you find the Text Documents. These should be the cookies, you can tell they are cookies as they are named:

cookie:[your_username]@[url_here]

Hope that helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.