Can't get radio station broadcasting schedule right.

iainlang

I'm beginning to regret volunteering to help with the web site of a local independent radio station which has an upcoming temporary broadcasting licence...  They can't afford to hire someone who knows what he's doing, so I stupidly said "I'll do it".  Duh....

The database structure is -
id | date_of_broadcast | start_time | finish_time | firstname | surname | show_title | data

The following (which is minus all the cosmetics) produces only empty tables for each date.

$TableName="schedule";
$Query="SELECT distinct date_of_broadcast FROM $TableName order by date_of_broadcast";
$Result=mysql_db_query ($DBName, $Query, $Link);
while ($Row=mysql_fetch_array ($Result))
{
$dates_of_broadcast[]=$Row[date_of_broadcast];
}
$count=count($dates_of_broadcast);
$count--;
$n=0;
while ($n<=$count)
{
// get each day's date ;
$broadcast_date=$dates_of_broadcast[$n];
$broadcast_date=date("jS F Y", strtotime($broadcast_date));
print("<table>");
print("<tr><td><>$broadcast_date</font></td></tr>");

// now get the programmes for each broadcast_date ?? ;
$Query="SELECT * FROM $TableName where date_of_broadcast='$broadcast_date' order by start_time";
$Result=mysql_db_query ($DBName, $Query, $Link);
while ($Row=mysql_fetch_array ($Result))
{
print("<tr><td>$Row[start_time]</td><td>$Row[finish_time]</td><td>$Row[show_title]</td><td>$Row[firstname] $Row[surname]</td><td>$Row[data]</td></tr>");
}
print("</table>");
$n++;
}

print("</td></tr></table>");

Any help gratefully received.  Thanks!

Prior to your second query, you have changed the value of $broadcast_date to a display string:

$broadcast_date=date("jS F Y", strtotime($broadcast_date));

You are then using this new value in your query:

$Query="SELECT * FROM $TableName where date_of_broadcast='$broadcast_date' order by start_time";

I think that is probably where your problem is.  Perhaps create a new variable for the display and keep $broadcast_date as is to be used for the second query.

Following your reply, I changed the line to -
$Query="SELECT * FROM $TableName where date_of_broadcast='$dates_of_broadcast[$n]' order by start_time";

Bless yer lil' cotton sox - that seems to have done the business.  Words like "close" and "trees" and "forest" come to mind here...

Thanx!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.