A way to synchronize the online db with changes made in the off line db

sebastiaandraaisma

Hi, I have a small question.

Is there a program maybe that allowes the on line database to be synchronized with the off line version?

The reason I'm asking is that I would like to take my laptop to clients, fill the database off line as there is not always a wifi area in the naibourhood, than in the evening when I'm connected press a button and transfer the data of the day into the on line database.

I have an Apache server, MySQL and PHP installed on my laptop. I have our website off line (not working as I most likely mised something in one of the configuration settings) but it would be great to work off line and just place everything into the on line database as soon as I'm connected to the internet.

Any sugestion is welcome!!!

Kind regards,
Sebastiaan

you can try mysql replication i.e. setup your laptop as the master and the online database as the slave of this master. You would need to start replication on the online database (by using "start slave" statement) once you are connected to the network and stop replication (by using "stop slave" statement) when you are to disconnect the laptop from the network.

Hello and thank you for answering!
Hm.. than I need a different solution I think as I do not have access to the php.ini, my.ini or the httpd.conf.

Is there another way, for example can I make a template page ore something (on line) that is like a form, than the off line version just puts the data in the form and I press "send" and the database gets updated with the data I had off line?

Any sugestion or advise is welcome as I'm just a beginner :)

Kind regards,
Sebastiaan

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.