php code error

f701234

Hi I am having an error in my code.

What im trying to do is make a contact form where users input their information (Firstname, Lastname, PhoneNo, Email, and Message) then it gets sent to my database on phpmyadmin (called contactform) and their information should then show up on the table (contact-data) showing name, id, email address, the message etc. 

However the error im getting is this

Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Unknown column 'message' in 'field list' in C:\xampp\htdocs\form\form-process.php:6 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\form\form-process.php(6): mysqli->query('INSERT INTO `co...') #1 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\form\form-process.php on line 6

and here is my code from the process.php and the config.php (which is supposed to connect to the database)

Process -

<?php

include("config.php");

extract($_POST);

$sql = "INSERT INTO `contact-data`(`firstname`, `lastname`, `phone`, `email`, `message`) VALUES ('".$firstname."','".$lastname."',".$phone.",'".$email."','".$message."')";

$result = $mysqli->query($sql);

if(!$result){

echo "Couldn't enter data".$mysqli->error;

}

echo "Thank You For Contacting Us ";

$mysqli->close();

?>

Confrig-

<?php

define("DB_HOST","localhost");

define("DB_USER","root");

define("DB_PASSWORD","");

define("DB_NAME","contactform");

$mysqli = new mysqli(DB_HOST,DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD,DB_NAME);

?>

That message is telling you there is not a column called "message" in the contact_data table. Check your database - could be a spelling mistake in your table definition.

BTW, dont use "-" in SQL identifiers (table and column names) but use "_" instead. Hyphens can be interpreted as minus signs in queries.

For example

SELECT first-name FROM user

will be interpreted as column first  minus column name.

Edited by Barand

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.