How create a Form?

niksirat

Hi everyone.

I designed a form to provide information through the user in Excel VBA.

My goal is that users can enter their data through the web and without installing any software and do this from everywhere, and the data will be stored in a database, I mean I want to design the same form as a web page.

I asked a question here. The suggestion was to use MySql as a DataBase instead of Excel.

Is there a ready-made sample form, even if it is very simple, for example, entering the names of students along with their ages in two columns, from which I can learn this?

I have no knowledge of writing PHP or HTML code, although I have the ability to learn it.

Thanks in advance.

there are countless examples of forms and php form to database scripts on the web for you to find and examine to see how others have accomplished this. however, seeing something and reproducing it with your data isn't teaching you the meaning of what you are doing, which will leave you unable to find and fix problems or write original code that does something new. you must actually learn enough of the fundamentals of the languages you are using so that you can write (and read) the words and syntax, before you are able to write a complete application.

9 hours ago, niksirat said:

names of students along with their ages in two columns

most people have a first and a last name and unless they are dead, their age changes once a year on their birthday. you would actually need  three columns - first name, last name, and date of birth (calculate the age when needed.)

web based applications must -

1. be secure, in all contexts. in a database context, use prepared queries. in a html context, apply htmlentities() to values when they are being output.
  2. provide a good User eXperience (UX.) provide clear prompts and instructions and tell the user specifically what is wrong with each data value that they submitted.
  3. use simple, maintainable code. you will find a lot of code examples on the web are filled with copying of variables to other variables for nothing and a lot of other unnecessary typing of things that don't actually contribute to the goal of producing an application. if it seems like you are doing a lot of repetitive typing and not getting anywhere, there's probably a simpler way of accomplishing the same task.
  4. have enough validation and error handling so that they will either work or will tell you why they don't. a lot of the code examples you will find are missing needed features, may work under perfect conditions, but will fail and won't tell you why when anything unexpected occurs. be prepared to do a lot of work making the minimal examples found into complete web based applications and doing comprehensive testing to insure that your code/query(ies) behave in an expected way for all possible inputs.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.