zziplib?

jagguy

Hi,

I am more than just confused with downloading ZZIPlib library to get zip to work for windows with php. Now this is a different question and probably needs to be in a different thread to my other.

If you download the library then you are given a choice of what to download BUT not a 0.10.x which is most of them. You are supposed to download a 0.13.x for windows for which there are only zziplib-0.13.47.tar.bz2

tar is a unix compression and bzip2-102-x86-win32.exe doesn't seem to do anything when i run it.So how do you uncompress
zziplib-0.13.47.tar.bz2 ?

I just want to download ZZIPlib library for winxp so what do i need exactly and where do i install it.

[quote author=onlyican link=topic=119861.msg491274#msg491274 date=1167035172]
??
For windows there is only .tar.bz2?
I dont think so

http://snaps.php.net/
At the bottom are Windows Versions
Which are all .zip files

Merry Christmas
[/quote]

the zziplib file i need is at  http://zziplib.sourceforge.net/ 'the confusing part'

The website you mentioned ony gives php_zip.dll which  I already have.
-------

No it can't open the zip file which I created in winzip.

zip_open() Cannot open zip archive ./test1.zip in C:\www\php\test\zip1.php

I don't think that this actually works now to be honest. I have posted this in a few forums and no one has any idea. Or maybe php4.4.4 has this as a fault.

phpinfo() has zip enabled.

Correct me if I am wrong. I have downloaded the zziplib and have the extension=php_zip.dll in the php.ini file. In the extensions dir of php setup that php_zip.dll file exists.

Do I need the zziplib at all as it seems like the source code ; do I need to also install this somehow?

The thing doesn't work so I wondered what I have done wrong. The zip_open command isn't recognized?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.