Very new to PHP MySql

bupcguy

Hello everyone

I am new to all of this and i have a few questions. I have a website hosted on a web server that i can set up a database and it also has PHP installed. I am having trouble setting up a database and entering all the info correctly and i am wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials. I am also wondering where to install the PHP scripts on my server. Last question is would it make more sense for me to install everything on my computer for testing and then when i figure it all out and get eveything working properly then upload it all to my web space.

Thank you

To start with your last question: Yes, it's more sense to create a test environment on your computer if you have the opportunity to do so.

There are a lot of tutorials for MySQL as well as for PHP. See this website and/or the websites of MySQL and PHP.

When I learned the first principles, I bought a small book in the store for little just to read the basics.

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.